SKYWATCH GEOS 11:
Why has NTech's GEOS 11 has become the world's premiere handheld weather instrument?
- Altimeter accuracy :: as accurate as instruments five times the cost (real world independant results show +/- 3 feet point-to-point)
- Real-time and historical data from optional sofware/PC interface
- Unsurpassed data storage :: 24,400 data sets (a data set includes ALL measurements)
- Customized data storage intervals, including storing data when the unit is OFF, ON, or both
- Solid Swiss construction :: full metal case, mineral glass screen, virtually indestructible
- Built-in LED lamp :: Powered by separate batteries
- Industry-best hygrometer for accurate humidity readings
- Replaceable impeller, protected sensors
With features never before found on a handheld weather instrument, the GEOS 11 is designed for the demanding needs of many markets:
- Agriculture; control of wind speed and direction before using sprayed chemicals. Agri-foodstuff; control of storage environment (temperature, humidity).
- Automobile; high-performance engine mechanics (density altitude).
- Cave Exploration: Measure depths of caves. Our GEOS 11 will be used in an attempt of a US team to defeat the world record for the deepest cave exploration.
- Aviation; reading of the Flight Level, height, finesse, pressure, altitude, altitude variation, etc..
- Rappelling; check the height when rappelling down.
- HVAC; air flows and temperature measurements.
- Sporting events; control of weather conditions during meetings, contest validation.
- Trekking; recording of extreme conditions (mountains, deserts, polar spots), warning of sudden weather changes, wind chill indication.
- Civil engineering; close estimation on surveying heights on property.
- Geology; altitude and stratum measurement.
- Military; heat stroke prevention, long range shooters, skydiving, artillery, weather conditions checking in case of chemical attacks. CLICK HERE for a pdf on military heat stress.
- Firefighters; managing the risk of forest fire propagation (wind speed and direction).
- Rescue teams; evaluation of weather conditions for rescue and survival operations (coast guards, air rescue, etc.).
- Science; meteorology, environment, aerodynamic, etc..
- Sports and leisure; mountain bikes, climbing, alpinism, hiking, bow shooting, fishing, golf, scale models, kites, etc..
- Free flight; hang gliding, paragliding, skydiving, balloon, base jump, wing flight.
SUGGESTED PRICE = $575.00
DISCOVER OUR NEW ONLINE DEMONSTRATION OF THE GEOS 11!
SPECIFICATIONS - USER MANUAL (PDF) - SKYWATCHLOG SOFTWARE MANUAL (PDF)
SALES FLYERS (PDF):
SKYWATCH Log PC Interface:
Our Skywatch Log PC interface and software is now available. Connect the GEOS 11 to a PC (either a USB or RS232 port) and get the most out of your GEOS 11! Not only can all data be downloaded from the GEOS 11, either historical or real-time, but advanced features and calibration is possible using the SKYWATCH Log software. All preferences for the GEOS 11 can be set using the software and connection. Automatic turn-off period, length of backlight being lit, altitude, pressure, clock variation, time and date plus more.
The GEOS 11 measures and stores all data automatically, in intervals from 0.5 second to 24 hours. All information is stored even when the LCD is not on.
Read more about the SKYWATCH LOG here
SKYWATCH GEOS 11 Measures:
- Wind Speed
- current, average, maximum
- Wind Direction
- electronic compass
- Ambient Temperature
- current, windchill, maximum, minimum, water
- Relative Humidity
- current, maximum, minimum, dew point
- Barometric Air Pressure
- absolute, relative, maximum, minimum
- maximum, minimum
The SKYWATCH Geos 11 also gives important data calculations:
- Dew Point
- Relative and Absolute Pressure (QFE/QNH)
- Weather Tendencies
- Density Altitude
- Flight Level
- Flight Finesse
- Earth's Magnetic Field in Tesla Unit
The Geos 11 is loaded with many unique features:
- Electronic Compass
- analogical and digital
- Three Data Recording Modes
- - manual recording by pressing two buttons
- automatic recording at selected intervals, when unit is off or on
- automatic recording at selected intervals, when unit is on only
- PC Computer Download
- optional contactless adapter and software plus real-time data viewing - click here for more details!
- Bright LED Light
- operates on separate battery
- Replaceable Ball Impeller
- rotates to protect impeller blades
- Exposed Sensors
- for instant readings
- EL Backlight
- Aluminum Case
- Included Lithium Battery
- Spare Battery
- Mineral Glass Screen
- Time, Date, Chronograph
- Weather Resistant
|PC Interface and software: CLICK HERE for full information on our SkywatchLog software that comes with the PC link. Specify either the USB or Serial Port plug. The PC link actually is a flat disc that sits over the LCD, held in place by a velcro strap. Information can be downloaded and viewed in real time. Use with the support stand and tripod to monitor weather conditions.
||GEOS Support Stand/Tripod Mount:
This little metal support stand fits snugly into the back of the GEOS 11 to allow it to stand on a desk or be mounted on a tripod. Designed specifically for the GEOS 11, this support stand is 100% aluminum.
|GEOS 11 Pouch:
This handy pouch protects the GEOS 11 from scratches and dust when not in use. It features a velcro flap and belt loop. This pouch will also fit our METEOS and ATMOS, as well as many small electronics.
|For more detailed specifications, please contact NTech USA!
||0 to 300 km/h
0 to 186 mph
||0.1 unit to 99.9
1 unit 100 and above
||km/h (kilometers per hour)
(meters per second)
(scale of 0-12)
(miles per hour)
(feet per second)
||-40°C to +85°C
-40°F to +185 °F
|± 0.5°C at 25°C
||0.1 unit to 99.9
1 unit 100 and above
|Dependant on air flow*
||°C (degrees Celsius)
°F (degrees Fahrenheit)
||0.1 to 100% rH
||+/- 2% at
||Dependant on air flow*
||rH (% Relative Humidity)
||10 to 1100 hPa
0.30 to 32.48 inHg
|+/- 0.5% at 25°C
inHg (inches of Mercury)
|+/- 0.6m at 25°C
+/- 2 ft at 25°C
|0.1m up to 9,999 m
1m from 10,000 to 21,535 m
1 ft increments
||m/s (meters per second)
hft/min (100 feet per minute)
||0 to 359° off N
||degrees off North
*Response time for temperature and humidity is highly dependant of the air flow over the exposed sensors. With air flow, response time is within a few seconds to adjust to the ambient temperature and relative humidity. With no air flow, several minutes may be required to adjust properly.
Normal operating temperature: -10°C to +70 °C (14°F to 158°F)
Reading of display still possible: -20°C to -10°C (-4°F to 14°F)
Slow reading of display, but instrument still working: -40°C to -20°C (-40°F to -4°F)
Instrument: 1 button lithium battery 3V CR2032 for power, one battery as spare
LED Light: 2 button lithium batteries 3V CR2032
INCLUDED: 4 button lithium batteries 3V CR2032 (1 spare for instrument, 1 spare for LED light)
46 x 120 x 32 mm - 1.81 x 4.73 x 1.26 in
171 grams - 6 oz.
Impeller: diameter 17.8mm (replaceable)
Waterproof 5 minutes at 1 meter. Allow for the humidity sensor to be well dried out before using again.